Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Russian speaking Project Manager to build our capability in country and work closely with our client on a Copper Concentrator and a Magnetite Concentrator project in Uzbekistan. This position has responsibility for executing technical consulting studies in mining & minerals projects through the project development life cycle working closely with Wood offices around the world on several simultaneous projects. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise in Copper Concentrator, Iron ore, and/or base metals operations and engineering organizations with roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry. A key component of the role is assisting the client to investigate and implement the best for project execution strategy. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa and Uzbekistan.
- Working very closely with the client team to develop the optimal fast track project execution plan
- Working closely with Wood offices globally to develop and deliver the necessary studies and projects
- Training the client team regarding project mining study and project execution
- Ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner that meets and/or exceeds client expectations
- Providing leadership to the project team on HSSE matters and ensuring that all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSSE execution plan
- Monitoring and reviewing all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, engineering, supply chain management, construction, and pre-commissioning
- Overseeing the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems
- Ensuring project requirements for permits, licenses and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- Organizing and leading planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- Must have solid EPC / EPCM experience within a construction / project execution environment, supporting the mining industry.
- Demonstrated success as a project manager in the mining industry
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant project management experience
- Experience in managing greenfield, or large brownfield mining projects is required ($100Mn-$1 Bn)
- Mining and Minerals processing project experience is essential; will consider candidates with a combination of mining project experience along with heavy civil, petro-chemical or O&G project experience (a minimum of 5 years mining and minerals project experience is required)
- Willingness to be based in Tashkent (Uzbekistan) and travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards. Knowledge of Russian design standard is an asset
- Must be fluent in English and Russian
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.