Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Russian speaking Principal Mining Engineer to build our capability in country and work closely with our client on a Copper Concentrator and a Magnetite Concentrator project in Uzbekistan. This position has responsibility for executing technical consulting studies in mining & minerals projects through the project development life cycle working closely with Wood offices around the world on several simultaneous projects. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise in Copper Concentrator, Iron ore, and/or base metals operations and engineering organizations with roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry. A key component of the role is assisting the client to investigate and implement the best for project execution strategy. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa and Uzbekistan.
- Working very closely with the client team to develop the optimal fast track project execution plan
- Working closely with Wood offices globally to develop and deliver the necessary studies and projects
- Training the client team regarding project mining study and project execution
- Providing technical leadership and execution skills for a diverse mining engineering team
- Ability to secure consulting work for Wood's Mining Consulting team by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Supporting continuous development of company cost and design databases
- Scope definition, budget and proposal preparation for mining consulting projects.
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on multi-disciplinary studies and projects including as mining lead on consulting studies
- Act as senior peer review on consulting studies performed by others
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Managing interactions between consulting, engineering and client teams
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mining Engineering
- Eligibility for Professional Engineering membership in the jurisdiction where the candidate will be based.
- Must have at least 15 years of relevant experience in the mining industry, operations and / or engineering consulting
- Qualified person (QP) for mining studies
- Familiarity with mine planning software systems such as MinePlan, Gemcom, Surpac, Datamine, Vulcan and Whittle, and capable of utilizing industry knowledge to develop mine designs and production plans
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation (such as JORC, CIM or SME guidelines) and compliance with public disclosure regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects
- Demonstrated effective writing skills to support study report preparation.
- Willingness to be based in Tashkent (Uzbekistan) and travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Must be fluent in English and Russian
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.