Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for a Lead Planning Engineer in Reading on an Permanent basis. This is a challenging and diverse role where you will have the opportunity to provide a complete planning service to the project management team on a complex project with a global reach.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in one or more of upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals and power industries.
- Review and understand all relevant project documentation including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal/project schedule (including manpower projection plan), WBS, conditions of contract
- Work within the standard planning/scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided
- Direct and control the work of all Planning Engineers assigned to the project
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary
- To ensure the timely preparation and issue of a full suite of baseline planning and reporting controls
- Lead regular schedule review meetings with the project team including schedule development and schedule risk workshops as required
- Identify and control schedule interfaces between other Affiliate or Joint Venture Partners, licensors' and subcontractors' activities
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition
- Analyse schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager/Project Control Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Degree / Chartered Engineer or appropriate experience
- A proven track record in FEED and EPC phases of refinery, oil & gas, petrochemical or similar facilities including revamp projects
- Previous Planning experience, responsible for a large sized project or large sized-sub-element of a major project
- Experience of working with other offices and high value execution centers
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels upto top management
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 102 / P6 106 and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to apply planning theory, process and best practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.