Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
At Eni, we are looking for a Cost Controller within Eni Cyprus in Nicosia, Cyprus. You will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and submission to Eni of the financial reporting (P/L, Balance Sheets, operational data such as Investments and Productions), including monthly actuals, quarterly forecasts, annual Budget, Business Plan, Strategic Plan and Year-End Financial Statements according to IFRS and US accounting principles. The position is part of the Budget and Cost Control Section which is Eni's first reference point for the analysis of information and for ensuring compliance to the accounting principles and procedures.
As a member of the Financial Team, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing the Company's CAPEX, OPEX, common costs, and no-profit Budget and follow-up the variance analysis of actual vs budget, providing timely information to Department Managers.
- Preparing the financial data presentations for the Board of Directors.
- Supporting in the implementation of Eni financial policies and in the selection of the most appropriate accounting treatments of business facts in order to achieve the Company's and Eni's financial objectives.
- Preparing periodic financial information for joint venture activities within the organisation.
- To set up and change activity codes and cost centre master data as required.
- Leasing with other sections to support, monitor and prepare documentation for the Company's Investment Approval process
- To monitor Company's Job Orders, check the congruence of information in RCE, CE, and JO, follow up any discrepancies, monitor value of work done vs budgets, debit notes received and paid outstanding amounts and accruals, and Input Data in SAM Database
- To ensure full adherence to the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- To fully comply with Eni Code of Ethics, SOA, and Law 231 principles.
- On request by the Finance Manager to operate temporarily as Treasury Accountant or Compliance Analyst or Company Secretary Assistant
- University Degree in Accounting or another related subject.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Related work experience is not required but will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP software is not required but will be considered an advantage.
- Problem-solving capabilities
Nicosia Head Office
Fixed Term Contract 2 years (with the option of annual renewal thereafter)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.