Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Communications Account Manager in Houston, Texas. This will be a contract position for a duration of 12 month with potential extension.
The Creative Services Account Manager role is a qualified communications professional with agency or client-side project management experience. The position is responsible for leading and managing projects within Creative Services group to support clients' creative needs. The role will act as a valued strategic thought partner between assigned clients from various departments and the Creative Services team. This includes proactively leading the development of projects within Creative Services, working with clients, scheduling and providing clear direction to creative staff, presenting to clients, and seeing the project through printing and/or electronic distribution. Strong communication skills, aptitude to work with senior leaders from across the company, proven ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail are all critical components of this role.
Responsibilities may include:
- Build relationships with internal business clients that enable Creative Services to become a trusted partner.
- Lead development of smart creative strategy and execution of creative programs.
- Manage client expectations by delivering projects on-time that consistently meet and exceed client expectations.
- Drive alignment and application of Creative Services developed content across audiences.
- Coordinate the production process to ensure project requirements and deadlines are met.
- Drive design team to ideate current, relevant ideas to solve communications needs.
- Key consultant to business clients - representing creative development best practices.
- Write and manage creative proposals and creative briefs in a thoughtful, collaborative, measurable way.
- Oversee flawless execution on client creative projects.
- Continuously monitor client group and proactively forecast future creative needs.
- Proactively troubleshoot and adjust plans as needed.
- Present timely project updates to clients and creative service team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- 5+ years business-to-business and/or agency experience with a track record of success developing and executing creative projects for clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 7+ years of marketing and/or communications experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with creative project management software.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving abilities at all levels.
- Goal-oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed.
- Adaptable and flexible; open minded, innovative and creative.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills, effective oral and written communications skills required.
- Proven consultative, persuasive/sales skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment with quick turnarounds and flex as priorities change.
- Understand implementation of corporate branding and guidelines across all communication channels.
- Able to drive creative campaign development to create a complementary set of creative deliverables across a variety of communications channels.
- Builds positive relationships across organizations that foster a strong work environment.
- Actively seeks out diverse people and organizations to collectively achieve business goals.
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions.
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments.
- Experience leading event concepting and production is ideal.
- Knowledge and experience with current digital trends and developing branded company content within the digital and social media space is ideal.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.