Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy are seeking an experienced Project Engineering Manager with a significant demonstrable background in delivering large scale projects within the oil & gas/petrochemical industry.
You would be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites.
Responsible for the execution of the engineering portion of a multi-discipline engineering scope of work on one or more projects / work scopes. Has responsibility for coordinating and completing the various engineering, and start-up aspects of a project(s) while meeting HSSE, quality, schedule, and budget performance goals. Has responsibility for the technical excellence of the engineering portion of a project(s) across all disciplines.
Contributes to delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Driving technical assurance on the assigned scope(s) of work
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the discipline engineering teams on the assigned scope(s) of work.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Developing and retaining motivated and competent people.
- Undertaking the role of process owner.
- Driving safety by design
- Driving and leading on opportunities for innovation
May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
The Engineering Manager leads by example, consistently displaying and enforcing the Company's values and behaviours, and commitment to the highest standards of safe and ethical behaviour, to ensure safe and reliable operations and client satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Driving technical assurance
- Continuous promotion of corporate / client specific procedures.
- Assist in incident investigations as required.
- Monitors compliance with standards and processes to assure delivery.
- Roll out and Implementation of learning opportunities from across the business.
- Driving continual focus on process safety through the engineering team
- Driving elimination of technical incidents through robust controls, incident reviews and embedding lessons learned
- Identifies and mitigates areas of risk and improvement opportunities
- Identifies and pursues improvement opportunities
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the multidiscipline engineering team
Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the multidiscipline engineering team
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of a multidiscipline engineering team
- Assist in the management of recruitment, selection, transfers, performance management, succession planning and promotion of resources to meet engineering team requirements
- Ensuring appropriately resourced and competent personnel on Project/Contract
- Oversight and control of Engineering Histogram to support workforce planning
- Assist in setting & maintaining standards for the development and retention of motivated and competent people
Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Responsible for the engineering content of project execution plans for assigned contracts/projects
- Responsible for the direction and management of the engineering and associated project activities of the business grouping/Project
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Focuses on managerial concerns of the project such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation. Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Reviews technical concepts of major projects.
- Personally participates in solving difficult technical problems.
- Resolves conflicts that are complex and manages divergent audience
- Responsible for facilitating agreement between conflicting parties
- Resolves issues which are non-recurring and occasionally novel
- Carries responsibility for resolution of major problems for the engineering segment
- Assist in identifying and requesting functional support to projects / contracts as required
- Accountable for the efficient planning and management of engineering resouces, identifying ad pursuing opportunities for margin improvement, including HVEC utilisation.
Undertaking the role of process owner
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
- Directs the application of existing principles and the development of new polices and strategies aligned with OU, BU and Corporate objectives
- Conduit for regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/ in Engineering, ideally having achieved Chartered/Incorporated status
- Significant experience in a range of technical areas coupled with people management/project leadership ability
- Minimum 10 years' experience working in a regulated operational environment (e.g. COMAH, Chemical) Oil & Gas etc.)
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading a technical team in front end engineering design in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Project, Excel, Powerpoint, Word) as well as AutoCad
- Experience in development of engineering standards and production of engineering reports
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working in a project delivery environment
Personal skills and key competencies
- Delivers Innovative & Practical Solutions Essential
- Able to give and receive clear and unbiased information Essential
- Build strategic working relationships Essential
- High energy and enthusiasm Essential
- Accurate and displays attention to detail Essential
- Authenticity Essential
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.