Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Wood is currently seeking an Engineering Technician/Operations Analyst to support our Operations Excellence Team.
This is an in-person position in Jackson, Mississippi. This position will play a key role in helping empower our people to maximize the profitability of our assets and, most importantly, eliminate all significant incidents. This position will report to the Operations Chief and work closely with the Operations Excellence Management, Power & Chemical Manager, Rotating Equipment Specialist, and Maintenance & Reliability Manager.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty and is disciplined. A somewhat faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detailed, specialized work is the major focus. The person in this position will require clearly defined work, responsibilities, and reporting relationships, ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise and increase confidence, and frequently expressed appreciation of the person's competence, conscientiousness, and loyalty. The position will provide security in a stable work environment, allowing the person to plan for, focus on and complete tasks on hand. When changes in the nature of the work occur, the person in this position will need direction, training and support. The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work
**Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Work within a team structure to meet the performance objectives set out for the specific areas of responsibility.
- Unambiguous work direction, completing tasks from start to finish.
- Concern for getting work done on time and correctly
- Extremely task-oriented. High standards of quality and accuracy
- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures.
- Requires high degree of information gathering before making decision.
- Must be comfortable in making decisions in area of specialty or expertise
- Reserved, factual, formal and sincere communication. Look to management for direction in areas outside of expertise
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments
- Following established policies and procedures and expects others to do the same
- Monitor and update Operations Excellence Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to characterize facility reliability, operability, mechanical integrity of company assets.
- Update weekly and monthly downtime reports including rolling trend data.
- Identify process improvements and utilize MS office and data analytical skills to enhance functionality of the Operations Excellence group as a whole.
- Participate in incident investigations
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years preferred experience in the oil and gas industry or related area.
- Knowledge of petroleum engineering processes and general oil and gas production operations is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects against assigned deadlines required.
- Excellent Computer skills in the following applications are strongly preferred:
- MS 365 suite, Spotfire, SAP, OpenText, Sphera
- Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Math, Engineering, Science, or Computer Science is strongly preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.