PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Responsible for the technical output, the administrative operation and the development of Control & Instrumentation Department
- Degree Qualified Chartered Engineer
- Background in Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil & Gas Industries
- Minimum 10 years experience in a line management position relating to Control & Instrumentation Engineering Design or equivalent
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- English Language - written, spoken and technical
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, codes and regulations relating Process Industries
- TUV certified in the application of IEC 61508/61511 for the configuration, design and legislative requirements of safety critical systems.
- CompEx 12 certified in the requirements of ATEX and its associated directives, in the design of instrumentation systems for use in hazardous areas.
- Understanding of machinery safety requirement and its application to control and interlocking
- Requirements of Cyber security associated with plant control systems and architecture.
- Awareness of Quality Management System philosophy
- IT literate
- Familiar with Control & Instrumentation Engineering Software (ExSILentia / Intools)
KEY TASKS AND MAIN DUTIES
- Development of overall concepts and specifications for engineering designs
- Producing engineering deliverables from design schedules to equipment specifications and safety system related documentation
- Supervising and directing the engineering work carried out in the department
- Advising and guiding Engineers and Designers
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and client standards
- Liaising with Clients on engineering contracts and design services
- Recruitment of staff to work in the department
- Succession planning
- Assessment of training requirements and staff development
- Preparation and approval of estimates within negotiating authority
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to ensure interdisciplinary compatibility on projects
- Responsibility for and ownership of relevant Business Management System (BMS) processes
- Develop and improve Process Department procedures and working practices
- Planning & Prioritisation - Ability to identify what needs to be done, develop an appropriate action plan and monitor progress
- Team Leadership - Use an open and inclusive style of leadership to instil a shared sensed of leadership
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Versatility and flexibility
- Pro-active and self motivated
- Commercial awareness
- Professional and responsible attitude
- Experience in all phases of commissioning and constructional supervision for various systems and plants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.