Damietta Governorate, Egypt
Damietta Governorate, Egypt
Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Production Operator, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Damietta Governorate, Egypt
Operate and monitor safely and efficiently the designated unit(s) within approved operating parameters at Damietta site, align with different plant departments using Methanex standards and procedures to ensure personnel &, environment safety, asset integrity and efficient delivery of production objectives.
- Monitor assigned areas of the plant to support achievement of production targets and quality specifications at minimum cost and in accordance with quality, statutory, environmental, safety, Responsible Care and Egypt legislation.
- Monitor assigned areas of the plant to ensure work is completed in accordance with the Work Safety Control System and all hazards associated with the work have been identified.
- Authorize and maintain a detailed knowledge of work permits and all associated certificates as per Area Authority responsibilities.
- Review and monitor the continual operation and performance of the plant, anticipating and troubleshooting problems as they occur.
- Undertake prompt action to address any deficiencies or breaches in safe operation within plant equipment and/or assets and report it via the work order system on (MAXIMO) system to communicate this issue to service departments.
- Communicate plant problems to the Panel Operator and appropriate departments in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Undertake assigned laboratory work including sampling, testing, analysis and reporting in accordance with procedure.
- Maintain required emergency response skills and knowledge of all relevant procedures and emergency equipment status in order to act accordingly should an emergency situation arise.
- Assist in the long-term performance of an assigned area of plant operation by coordinating support services and ensuring effective communication.
- Identify possible areas of improvement either for safety or production in plant areas and communicate the suggestions formally.
- Provide a detailed handover to the incoming shift on the relevant plant equipment including accurate written logs.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase business understanding and role efficiency.
- At least 3 years' experience in Petrochemical or Gas Processes Plant operation.
- High level of safety culture and awareness.
- Maintain the necessary Field Operator area skills competency on assigned field areas as required for flexible operations.
- Basic Operating knowledge, Permission to Work System, LOTO system.
- PSM knowledge is preferred.
- B.Sc. Engineering or Science.
- Very good command of English skills.
- Intermediate PC and Microsoft Office skills, including ability to use MS Office and incident reporting software.