Sr Quality Assurance EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest quality?Would you enjoy testing innovative software for energy products?Join our Oilfield Services Team
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.Partner with the best
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for testing features to ensure functionality and quality. You will collaborate with your team to ensure our testing processes are thorough and to identify improvements and enhancements. You will be able to develop your skill-set quickly in a fast-moving environment.
As a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Owning medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivering while mentoring and helping team members
- Making technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
- Applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Integrating project testing with continuous-integration process
- Working with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Providing expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Developing and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
- Extensive experience in test automation
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Experience in QA testing of products and software for Oil & Gas Industry is required
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
Work in a way that works for you
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.