Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform Fire protection engineering calculations and address the process safety engineering design challenges. Keep abreast of industry codes, standards, regulations and guidelines. Meet or exceed project expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits. Co ordination with intra / inter disciplinary team and provide the required deliverables as and when requested.
- Defines the fire protection systems and process safety requirements to properly guarantee the facility safety.
- Size and define process safety equipment and leads the execution of safety studies, either done in house or by 3rd parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Review and understand client specifications during proposal phase. Raise clarifications and deviations not inline with Company standards.
- Determines hazards and defines extent of fire protection required based on NFPA and other international codes and standars
- Develops fire protection and process safety deliverables for projects and guarantee compliance with client requirements. These include but are not limited to Fire Protection philosophy, fire and gas detection and mapping, fire water demand and network design, equipment distancing, fire protection equipment specifications, etc,
- Perform process safety engineering and develop all process safety engineering deliverables conforming to project specifications and international standards, as per project schedule and considering project budget.
- Participate in engineering meetings.
- Provide engineering hours estimate during proposals for its discipline. Responsible for tracking engineering hours for its discipline during project execution.
- Prepare technical requisition and technical bid analysis for safety studies. Participate in QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and other safety studies.
- Participate in 3D model interdisciplinary reviews to guarantee compliance with safety requirements.
- Review, comment and approve the outsourced process safety and fire protection engineering design/studies.
- Review other disciplines' deliverables such as plot plan, hazardous area classification, cause & effect matrix as needed.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge in its discipline in accordance to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide support to processing facilities as required by Operations or Integrity Teams on engineering/technical matters.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Define process safety and fire protection standards for Production Facilities.
- 10+ years Industry experience.
- Prior work experience in EPCs, Engineering Consultancies, Production Facility Engineering, Process Safety.
- Expertise: Thorough facility process safety engineering knowledge with strong engineering background.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.