Skills: Facilities Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Our Client is currently searching for a Hydro Power Site Manager to work at a hydroelectric facility located near La Tuque, Quebec. This is a contract position which may turn into a permanent position for the right candidate. Candidates from all provinces will be considered.
**Fully fluent in English and French is required.
The Hydro Power Site Manager will ensure site activities are executed as per business priorities (HSE, quality, schedule and budget) and contractual requirements. Typical work week is 5 days per week, working 10 hours per day. Overtime and travel time are paid. Allowances for food and lodging or camp is also provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure site activities are executed as per business priorities (HSE, quality, schedule and budget) and contractual requirements.
- Establish all site processes and practices as per company standards and leading project management practices such as earned value analysis and KPIs;
- Assure everyone commits to our HSE culture and monitor, document and report HSE activities;
- Coordinate site activities (administration, technical support and quality) and manage work across the site team members;
- Fulfil site contractual requirements and negotiate effectively with the client in order to achieve the customer satisfaction and to respect the best interests of the company;
- Establish the schedule to meet agreed internal and external milestones and ensure proper work planning to allow critical path to be followed;
- Control and assess site status regarding costs and establish mitigation or recovery plan for cost overruns;
- Communicate and align on the risks and chances with the project team and escalate critical issues;
- Establish and maintain good relationship and regular communication with the customer, union representatives and stakeholders;
- Support the site team with HSE processes, short and medium term work planning, engineering / installation procedures and any other field supervision tasks.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully fluent in English and French with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managerial or project management roles in similar industries.
- Sound technical and operational knowledge of hydro equipment installation and commissioning.
- Customer and people oriented, accountable and solution driven.
- Team player with leadership and project management skills.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.