Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
• Drafting and negotiating a variety of information technology agreements (e.g., Cloud agreements, Software License, IT Professional Services, Statements of Work (SOWs), Software Evaluation) in addition to Procurement-related agreements (e.g., Services, NDAs, etc.) • Providing support on claim substantiation matters, including pre-publication reviews, providing recommendations on social media, policy and other relevant issues.
• Engaging and providing recommendations to various business partners, subject matter experts, and attorneys to effectively negotiate the terms and conditions of the agreement.
• Issue spotting and communicating risks to various stakeholders.
• Working closely with business partners and attorneys to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues.
• Performing legal due diligence and engaging with various stakeholders to ensure that company guidelines and policies are followed.
• Multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to consistently provide high-quality work product in a high growth and fast-paced work environment.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 3+ years' experience as a paralegal, or 2+ years' experience as an attorney supporting IT and commercial transactions.
• Contracting expertise relating to IT agreements, including the ability to effectively analyze, draft, negotiate and communicate IT and legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., procurement, business partners and attorneys).
• Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter and fast learner, who has a passion to learn about new technologies and who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with procurement, business partners, IT security/ information risk management teams, senior management, clients, attorneys and staff.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of tools and legal research applications.
• Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing and research skills.
• Ability to maintain high quality performance under tight deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• A general understanding of contracting principles in commercial transactions and concepts relating to data security and intellectual property in IT transactions.
• Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or a law degree.
• Prior contracts experience in a fast-paced IT company while managing a high volume of work.
• Familiarity with claim substantiation matters, including pre-publication reviews and social media, policy and other relevant issues.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.