Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Materials Testing Laboratory Manager / Senior Technician with extensive experience in the materials testing sector to joining our Jacksonville, FL location. Join our team of specialists who provide materials testing and geotechnical quality assurance as an integral component to design, and ensure projects are built with the safest and most sustainable materials. We provide materials testing and quality assurance services on some of the biggest projects in North Florida.
- Assist with management and supervision of Wood's Jacksonville Cerified testing laboratory
- Assist with administration and participation in the AMRL / CCRL proficiency testing programs and audits.
- Assist with adminitation and participation in the USACE Laboratory Validation Audit.
- Laboratory Testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, and Asphalt in strict accordance the American Standard Testing Materials (ASTM) standards, FDOT Test Methods, and USACE Test Methods
- Laboratory Testing of Geotechnical Materials to include but not limited to Triaxial testing, Permeability, Direct Shear, Classifications, Consolidation Testing,
- Implementation and adherence of the laboratory Health & Safety program
- Arranging for and conducting equipment maintenance and calibrations as required
- Training and mentoring laboratory staff, and tracking of training records
- Preparation and distribution of laboratory testing reports, and liaison with Wood's geotechnical and materials staff, clients and stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of laboratory testing and supervisory experience
- Experience testing and reporting of FDOT and USACE samples considered an asset
- Experienced with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards and FDOT / USACE Methods
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems
- Experienced with Radiation Safety and can be the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Experience in writing technical reports, business development and client relations
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience
- Willing to work overtime, if required
- CTQP Aggregate Base Testing Technician
- CTQP Aggregate Testing Technician
- CTQP Asphalt Plant Level 1 and / or Level II
- CTQP Conrete Laboratory Technician Level I
- CTQP LBR Technician
- CTQP Qualified Sampler Technician
- CTQP QC Manager
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.