Company: Baker Hughes
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing financial planning, analysis and reporting for Corporate, a business, or a P&L within a business. Exciting opportunity to work with cross functional business leaders to provide financial analysis and visibility impacting decisions over optimization over capital, new product sales, service offerings, and resource investment opportunities. Close collaboration over successful new product deployment and margin optimization for a $1.5B global organization. Develops operational plan for own department. Contributions to plan of the larger unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Business partner to CWI Global PL Director, product managers, HQ Material, Asset Team, AMO, and Service Delivery Team.
• Strategic thinker that will provide financial overview of the development of new products and service offerings that will improve margin, customer growth, and retention with emphasis on business justifications for both ROI and Payback associated with new development investments.
• Financial Gate Keeper in product commercial reviews, provide oversight over key assumptions and value proposition for go-to market strategy and product road maps and market penetration strategy
• Review and Approve Business cases for technology and other investments
• Plan and manage Global Capex budget process, monthly, quarterly and annual forecast and reporting
• Monitor and action Asset processes for compliance to policies - AFE, CIP aging, Counts etc
• Work closely with controllership on month and quarterly reporting requests over cash flow and capital investment disclosures
• Provide guidance and financial oversight over product cost out initiatives with a focus on (hard saving) quantification of direct margin improvement impact to system of records.
• Serve as audit coordinator to ensure Global HQ CWI processes are followed and additional walk through, and compliance support is provided timely
• Facilitate global trainings to ensure alignment with key global stakeholders for capital investment and new product business case financial requirements.
• Provide monthly financial revenue and profitability analysis over both regional and sub product line reporting monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Lead various projects which require HQ involvement. Example would be productivity projects
• Collaborate with regions to gain their support on key projects
• Develop regular redesign of processes due to changing circumstances or management needs. Elaboration of process improvement are expected taking into consideration broader functional context.
• Effective communication with cross functional areas required. Influencing peers to meet global objectives.
• Handles work requiring analysis and interpretation.
• Self-motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic who can work independently when necessary, ability to continuously prioritize high-value tasks, opportunities and analytic problem solver who identifies and provides solutions for organization challenges and opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Finance). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Planning and Analysis.
• System knowledge - SAP, HFM
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.