Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Project Finance Lead to support construction projects in Ontario. This person will be responsible for the ongoing financial management, adherence to policies and cash flow of these construction projects. This position will be based Port Hope or Greater Toronto Area; some travel may be required to the Port Hope and or Chalk River sites, when necessary.
- Review contract terms and conditions (and modifications) in relation to project setup, billing requirements, costing, tax compliance, and labour standards/rates to ensure compliance in accounting system
- Coordinate AP, including monitoring and ensuring vendors and subcontractor invoices are booked, or accrued, and paid timely
- Coordinate month end P&L analysis, revenue recognition, WIP review, and flash estimates
- Provide monthly reporting of project (revenue, margin, cashflow, etc.) and office metrics to the appropriate stakeholders
- Responsible for weekly/monthly AR reports and collections and engages operations for resolutions of disputes and timely collection of outstanding balances.
- Provide internal assistance, including training, and financial analysis to operational and financial management where needed
- Work closely with PM's, office managers and administrators to process accounting needs of projects and communicate changes that may impact their work
- Ensure adherence to professional accounting standards, including revenue recognition and accruals.
- Ensure adherence to government, Provincial/State regulations, and taxes to ensure compliance at the Project level and branch/business unit level and consults with Tax department as required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and/or systems
- Ensure record retention guidelines are followed
- Ensure quality and efficiency by establishing and enforcing consistent controls and procedures
- Lead the development and implementation of new initiatives to improve invoicing processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Commerce/Business/Accounting or a related field
- 7 - 10 years relevant accounting experience
- Experience in Construction or Engineering
- Strong understanding of Project Accounting principles and practices
- Strong technical accounting proficiency in billing and cost accounting.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problem
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong leadership, management, financial analysis, and communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.