Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Senior Buyer (contract) to work with our Procurement team to support one of our UK projects. Candidates need experience in project purchasing in an engineering environment.
As a Senior Buyer you will have ownership of all pre and post - order purchasing activity for major National Infrastructure projects, responsible for the execution of specific aspects of supply chain management including expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting of major procurement packages / subcontracts.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities that they are responsible for
- End to end sourcing process (Strategy through Close Out) for the major procurement / subcontract packages assigned to them
- Provides guidance, direction, and support to the reporting personnel in delivery of their specific responsibilities
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan / schedule and / or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the supply chain lead
- Attend regular PSR meetings with client, engineering and / or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre - order deliverables within their portfolio are being maintained
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project / client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with, and all actions are fully auditable
Skills / Qualifications
- Good level of Supply Chain experience demonstrating results
- Degree in Business or Engineering, or similar, is desirable
- CIPS qualified or industry equivalent
- Good project purchasing experience (EPC and FEED)
- Direct purchasing on a global basis
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Proven ability to prepare negotiation strategies / techniques and lead negotiations
- Very good knowledge of project procurement execution (cradle to grave)
- ERP systems
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Able to work as part of project execution team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.