Our client is currently searching for a CNC Machinist. The ideal candidate will be a high-end CNC Programmer with experience working on rotating power generating equipment (Steam Turbines). Currently accepting candidates from all provinces. Job Description Summary
Seeking a high-end CNC Programmer. Ideal candidate will have experience working as a Steam Turbine Machinist. Who would be more comfortable working inside a CNC Job Shop/ factory. But who would be willing to put shop life behind and travel for a living. The ideal candidate will still be hands on, but the objective is to train this candidate to be a project manager/ supervisor.
This is a permanent position. And needs to be filled immediately.
Salary 80 - 100K. Position is Overtime eligible.
**It is a hybrid role, so a guaranteed salary with paid overtime. Job Description
The Machinist will set up and operate both manual and CNC machining equipment in order to drill, face, saw, turn, mill, grind, thread and bore various parts, materials, and assemblies to precision tolerances and specified finishes. .
As the Machinist, you will: Essential Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate a variety of machines performing various machining operations from simple to very complex using both manual and CNC (Computer Numeric Control) machining equipment (including, but not limited to - mills, drills, grinders, lathes, horizontal / vertical bore)
- Select and grind tools in accordance with hardness, machine capability, and properties of material to be machined
- Use a variety of measuring devices
- Use a variety of associated shop equipment and tooling, including fork trucks and cranes
- Knowledge and experience running lathes preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years experience reading blueprints
- Minimum 5 years of Large CNC horizontal lathe experience
- Minimum of 5 year experience using precision measuring instruments
- Required to work overtime, rotating shifts, holiday and weekends, as required
- Required to complete a training program in Industrial Steam and Generator work.
Desired Characteristics :
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or Trade School Degree from an accredited college, university, or trade school
- CNC, M and G code programming experience. Fanuc, Fagor, and Haas controls preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.