At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Can you deliver a flawless execution of products and services?Would you like to work in the field with our customers?Join our Downhole Wireline Team in Midland, TX
We are the leader in well construction and production, our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team is the repair hub for all, global Wireline technologies. We provide a high level of service to ensure the maintenance, repair and refurbishment of our innovative equipment.Partner with the best
As a Wireline Field Operator, under direct supervision receives and follows specific detailed instructions. Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
As a Field Operator for Wireline Services, you will be responsible for:
Work Experience Fuel your passion
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and post- job tool checkout.
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site.
- Service mechanical devices and building logging cable heads
- Perforating cable heads and maintenance on the tools
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications as required by District Manager
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Receiving instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity
- Performing basic duties at the well site and at the shop
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations
- Participating in quality improvement efforts for ballistics operations
- May supervise and train other Field Operators while maintaining a high level of safety awareness at the well site
- Performing other related duties as required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Class A or B CDL
- Hold a clean driving record and the ability to pass a Federal background check
- Must be 21 years of age or older in order to obtain ATF explosives certification
- Strong mechanical aptitude Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees
- The ability to work on-call 24x7 and flexibility to work at well sites for extended periods of time
- Ability to utilize computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes
Work in a way that works for you
- Previous Military experience
- Previous oilfield experience
- CDL Hazmat endorsement
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic are preferred.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Field Operator
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- On call 24hrs - 7 days on, 3 days off, then 7 days on, 4 days off
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.