Skills: Business Analyst, Commercial Management, Research & Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Qatar
• Gather ad-hoc information (reports, researches, studies, intelligence) based on needs of company's management. Keep the information gathered from various sources in a systematic & organized way.
• Build and regularly update Marketing database including size, operator(s), ownership, technology, start-up/shut down date, product range), competition watch (one file per company, including all news related to this company)
• Build and follow up Supply / Demand in each region, including trade (import/export), operating rate and develop a model to include inventories and recycling effects. Based on Supply / Demand, define products spreads evolutions per region.
• Manage and analyse the information gathered during tradeshows / exhibitions / seminars. Make brief summary document and also detailed excel sheet covering all walk-ins at the tradeshows and recommends further participation in the same shows.
• Carry out specific marketing surveys to investigate company's position & image in the market. Make a detailed economic and commercial evaluation to orientate market expansion strategy.
• Develop awareness of, and perform in accordance with, the companies established marketing policies and procedures.
• Analyse synergies and develop swot analysis for each region.
• Analyse market share and profitability for each products market segment/application and identify opportunities / threats for company (including Porter five forces analysis, swot, GE matrix, BCG matrix, etc).
• Build a customer segmentation based on volume and profitability (differentiated segmentation for prospects).
• Understand Product Life Cycle for each product and contribute to grade slate optimization analysis.
• Propose Global Marketing & Sales Strategy, focused on netback and market share optimization. Build alternative scenario and develop back-up strategy.
• Actively Participate & Contributes in creating the Marketing Strategy document (5 years horizon)
• Contribute and participate in the implementation of the marketing strategy & also in various initiatives linked to this implementation.
• Interact with Principal Marketers and Marketers in Fertilizer team regarding product allocation (optimization between Net-back, market share, customer satisfaction, operational constraints)
• Provide critical market trends analysis explaining regional product price evolutions. Inputs for this analysis will include official publications, feedback from marketing teams.
• Communicate regular updates based on the latest pricing trends to pre-defined list of recipients.
• Propose pricing forecast for Price Guideline and related arbitrage. Enters Price Guideline in SAP. Maintains all the records of approved periodic Price Guidelines and related matters/approvals.
• Compile and issue periodic and ad-hoc reports, statistics and graphs, required by management, customers and other organizations
• Comply with all relevant company management systems and procedures.
• Follow up, analyse and report performance by region, product and application.
• Coordinate to contact customers, support Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) and collate data; then analyse the same to extract maximum benefit from the information customer has provided. Ensure that outcome is communicated to concerned persons and that 'corrective actions' are taken to reduce / eliminate these areas of dissatisfaction / customer grievances.
• Participate in the Marketing & Sales team discussions and contribute by providing required support as and when required.
• Communicate and coordinate with external publications team as and when required by Management.
• Assist the Head Market Analysis, Asst. Manager Market Analysis and Manager Business Perf & Market Analysis in developing/maintain economic models.
HSSE / RC14001 Management
• Comply with all health, safety and environmental & security standards and procedures of company.
• Supports all the initiatives on health, safety, security and environment issues and works to solve problems and make continuous improvements to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
1. Educational Qualifications:
• Bachelors' Degree in Business or Engineering.
• 6-8 years of experience in Marketing, Research and Analysis, form Oil & Gas / Petrochemical Industry.
• Experience in marketing intelligence or market analysis in Fertilizer with focus on these products: MTBE, Methanol, Caustic, LAB, NAO, Polymers
3. Behavioral Competencies:
• Strategic Thinking
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Analytical Thinking
• Relationship Management
• Results Orientation and Execution Excellence
• Creativity & Innovation
• Customer Orientation
• Planning & Organizing
• Time Management
• Staff Development & Team Management
• Managing Interpersonal Conflict
4. Technical Competencies:
• Market Analysis & Research
• Knowledge of Business Commercials
• Knowledge of Fertilizer products and the market
• Knowledge of business operating models and key business drivers
• Business Acumen
• Excellent Computer Skills - (e.g., MS Word, Minimum intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong Communication skills both verbal and written