TECHNICAL DATA MANAGER Work Location:
Houston, TX SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Advanced working knowledge in SQL (Structured Query Language), PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, and experience working with a variety of relational databases like Oracle and SQL Server, MS Access databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Basic understanding of data models and experience navigating through various physical data models/schemas.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with various datasets from multiple Corporate databases.
- Build/Support processes that perform data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and performance/optimization tuning.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- They should also have some exposure using the following software/tools:
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI Tools, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TOAD for Oracle, Alteryx, FME (Data Integration platform)
- Good in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Has skill level understanding of E&P data types and work practices, gained through working in the subsurface-, well engineering- or production domain, as well as the key technical documents that need to be published as part of the business cycle, and their relation to specific data types.
- Monitors data quality and consistency for data and its metadata.
- Has a skilled understanding of the principles and practices involved in the development and maintenance of Data Management solutions.
- Actively applies standards, develops new common operational procedures and standards, and shares those with the global TDM community.
- Possesses an understanding of the business applications (such as Oil Field Manager) used in the Discipline related workflows and can give support to the business staff to properly manage the data across these.
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing, and has the skill to influence through persuasion in a formal context.
- Has knowledge of procedures for, and experience in Project Management.
- Exhibits a meticulous method of working and attention to detail.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.