Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated, experienced Software Developer to join our organization. Our small and self-organizing teams employ agile processes to create a high-performing software development environment. This position requires working with teams in San Luis Obispo, California and Houston, Texas with the opportunity to work out of either location. Remote work is also a consideration for the right candidate. This position entails working as a high-level technical expert to apply a broad understanding of theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to create software solutions. The position will initially focus on building and maintaining Xamarin. Forms-based, iOS mobile applications for the next generation of our IoT platform.
Qualifications Skills & Knowledge Essential:
- Develops and maintains engineering software for use in the energy industry
- Analyzes, decomposes, and specifies requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles
- Contributes to the creation of system and product architecture, design, and interface definitions
- Creates design artifacts and documentation using software engineering conventions to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers
- Understand UX concepts and work with WFRD UX team to adhere to WFRD UX best practices
- Develops and implements detailed and complex algorithms for engineering solutions
- Resolves complex product and system issues applying computer science, engineering approaches, and mathematical principles
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Participates in the development of software user manuals
- Assists in coaching and training less-experienced software staff
- May assist in the planning and coordination of projects or act as a team leader
- Works with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing
- Assists with the definition, implementation, assessment, measurement, management, change, and improvement of the software development process.
- Participates in change control decisions of products
- Identifies and assists in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance
- Provides technical leadership to the organization and development team
- Acts as a technical consultant to Product Line Management, Support, Services, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams
- Contributes significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions
- Understands and complies with all safety rules and company policies
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Advanced knowledge of OOD/OOP
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and C#
- Xamarin Forms and iOS mobile development experience
- Experience in software architectural design
- Experience in client/server development on MS Windows platform
- Understanding of software engineering principles with the ability to translate requirements into design and design/analysis into code
- Strong diagnostic skills to analyze, track, trouble-shoot, and solve complex problems and design appropriate solutions
- Ability to prioritize and perform work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster teamwork
Minimum Qualifications Essential:
- Experience in developing engineering software in upstream oil/gas industry
- Working knowledge of agile framework and methodologies
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in database technologies, such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Android platform is a plus
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- MS Engineering or Computer Science with 2 years software development experience, or 5 years software development experience.