Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is seeking a Hydrogen Managing Consultant to join our Energy Consulting team in Houston, TX. Wood's Energy Consulting team focuses on front end studies and consulting and is leading efforts to acquire projects in the Energy Transition, Hydrogen Economy, and Decarbonization arena. For the right candidate, this role can be based out of any city where Wood has a local office.
This is a highly visible role, and an exciting time to be joining Wood. The successful candidate will be part of the Executive Team in Consulting, contributing to the growth and development of carbon capture in the Americas. The Hydrogen Managing Consultant will be an industry recognized subject matter expert comfortable interfacing with clients, managing projects and internal stakeholders. He/She will have a strong technical background in hydrogen production technologies and in leading front-end consulting projects.
- Developing strategic plans for expansion of Wood's Hydrogen production and transportation capabilities in the Americas.
- Supporting the business development team for project acquisition
- Executing and providing technical and supervisory support to projects within Wood's Energy Consulting team
- Leading and/or supporting conceptual and feasibility studies, optimization work, and pre-FEED stage projects.
- Perform process simulations and lead the development of process flow diagrams with heat and material balance tables and P&ID's
- Working closely with customers to understand their needs and produce designs and services to meet these needs
- Flexibility in supporting multiple studies simultaneously
- Developing and presenting technical papers and presentations and presenting to clients, including participation in industry conferences
- Managing small technical teams including setting clear technical direction and managing budget
- Coaching and mentoring of less experienced staff
- Constantly update technical skills and thoroughly research the new technology of the industry by frequent communication with suppliers/trade publications and shared technical research knowledge with peers and supervisory personnel
- Identifying issues and risks and proposing solutions using innovative and novel solutions, plus ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts
- Complete technical design work to a high standard without supervision using Wood and Client design methods, standards and data
- Understanding and proposing wider business goals and guide the input and decision making for the business
- Creating a solid professional network within the Wood organization and actively develop connections in the wider business community
Skills / Qualifications
- Chemical Engineering Degree, Registered Professional Engineer preferred
- 15+ years direct consulting or industry experience
- Industry recognized technical expertise
- Knowledge of existing and upcoming energy transition trends
- Previous experience with a range of different petrochemical technologies as well as working knowledge of upstream and downstream processes
- Experience in simulation and design of electrolysis and steam methane reforming production processes, liquefaction, and storage, as well as balance of plant systems for standalone hydrogen production facilities
- Experienced in the execution of conceptual studies, optimization work and front-end engineering design stage of projects
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills, ability to manage own work and the work of others, plus a strong customer focus and team-working skills
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.