Our client is currently searching for a Steam Turbine Field Service Machinist to work on various projects across Canada. Currently accepting candidates from all provinces. Job Description Summary
The Steam Turbine Machinist will have technical knowledge and experience working with Steam Turbines & Rotating Power Generation Equipment. He/she is responsible for the on-site machining of major rotating equipment components. In addition, you will set up and operate a variety of manual and numerically controlled machine tools. Desired machining and technical skills
- Field Service Machinist: Experience conducting high-accuracy field service machining repairs at customer sites; operating portable flange facers, milling machines, line-boring bars, portable lathes, weld preparation of steam pipe, sawing, drilling, tapping and stud removal.
- Manual Machinist: Skilled operator of engine lathes, vertical boring mills, vertical and horizontal milling machines, planer mills, Blanchard and surface grinders, as well as CNC machine operation and setup.
- Mechanic and machine builder: Proficient at specifying machining dimensions for bearing and shaft-coupling fits, design of weldments, metal spray, bearing installation and maintenance, application of linear motion assemblies such as dovetail, hardened square-rail and ball-rail machine ways, acme and ball-screws, and machine ergonomics.
- Trained in dynamic balancing of rotating equipment, and vibration analysis.
- Optical and laser Metrology: Trained in the use of jig transit and alignment optical telescopes, as well as Faro laser tracker coordinate measuring systems for turbine case alignment, and dimensional measurement of machining projects.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Portable field machining
- Coordinate measuring systems for Steam Turbine casing alignment
- Steam Turbine machining
- Rotating Blade work on Steam Turbines
- Drilling out studs and milling of bases etc.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a machinist on power generation equipment.
- Strong knowledge of different GT / ST Machining Scopes
- Ability to work according to a time schedule and meet deadlines accordingly
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and work in a team of Onsite Service Crew
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.