Job DescriptionIndirect Tax AnalystWould you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?Do you enjoy working with financial data? Be part of a team that keeps moving
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Partner with the best
As an Indirect Tax Analyst you will support the specific language requirements and various tax jurisdictions for Asia Pacific Regions to manage the calculation, filing, payment and reconciliation of international Indirect Taxes at Global Finance Organization.
As an Indirect Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Working with the other Indirect Analysts within the regional groups for the APAC region to review and control all the Indirect Tax calculations from our various ERPs and to complete the periodic filing and payment of all Indirect Taxes (VAT, GST, Stamp Tax, With Holding Taxes) for the country and legal entities assigned to you.
- Preparing and file monthly/ quarterly tax filings as required.
- Liaising with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated.
- Documenting and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management.
- Performing reconcile balance sheet tax accounts monthly.
- Resolving or escalate any queries or issues received and support all tax and statutory audits.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Have minimum 3 - 5 years Indirect Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction.
- Possess good analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem-solving skills to the team.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Have ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team.
- Have computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge in SAP or Oracle.
- Able to read, written and speak in Mandarin is an added advantage.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Occasional home working possible Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits About Us
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.