Senior Completions Supervisor - (rotational one year contract, onshore Africa)
- Active wellsite supervision of the execution of completion operations acting as the completion technical authority
- Prepares detailed work instructions, time estimates, completion tallies, operational risk assessments and EOWR documentation
- Reviews relevant third-party operational job reports, logs, schematics, BHA's, tallies and calculations to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates tasks daily with service contractor personnel. Liaises directly with the Lead Completion Engineer and Senior Completion Engineers in HQ throughout operational and planning phases
- Ensure all service contractors execute the completion/workover operation as per the final approved completion program, any deviation will be raised by Management of Change (MoC) to be approved by Well Delivery senior management.
- Ensure that all equipment required for the jobs are properly QA/QC by Contractors, in good operating conditions and ready for the operations by monitoring and providing corrective actions during the inspection and acceptance phase
- Capture lessons learned and perform post operational debriefs and prepare report of lessons learned to ensure continual improvement, playing an active role in building a high functioning Well Delivery Team
- Drive operational excellence by collating performance KPI's and reviewing quarterly to drive continuous performance improvement
- Function as a safety leader at all times to play an active role in establishing a culture that ensures SHE and operational risks have been assessed and that appropriate mitigation and all necessary contingency plans are in place prior to commencing operations
- Minimum 7 years of completion experience within an oil & gas operator including remote locations
- Either a degree in an engineering discipline or recognized service company training combined with extensive field experience.
- Specific technical experience of; selective multizone completions, sand control systems, horizontal wells, tubing conveyed perforating, upper completion technology (safety valve, packers, chemical injection downhole gauges, etc.), wireline (basic log interpretation CBL/VDL USIT and correlation techniques), slickline (basic wireline fundamentals, plug setting operations fishing tools and intervention), coiled tubing (basic fundamentals including downhole coiled tubing tools), drilling and completion fluids, wellbore clean up tool fundamentals and practices. Experience of intelligent completion systems would be advantageous
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.