Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of the Subsea Services as related to equipment and personnel required to support the overall area operations. Ensures the planning, mobilization and demobilization activities are efficiently and effectively directed and supported.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees all equipment preparation and maintenance to include complex systems such as Remotely Operated Vehicles, Workover Systems, all subsea tooling, and support equipment as required.
- Responsible for all personnel assignments in support of offshore operations and equipment preparation and onshore maintenance.
- Responsible for all offshore personnel training, regulatory compliance, and competency.
- Work with Operations Managers, Project Managers in crew evaluations, crew assignment and improvement opportunities.
- Establish, maintain and report KPIs as defined by Service Excellence Lead.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager and Commercial Manager in equipment selection, asset readiness profiles, cost for preparation estimates and other inputs required in the support of area projects/installations.
- Manages, mentors and coaches Equipment Managers, Resource Managers, Operations Managers and Asset Coordinators.
- Assists in enhancing information between the groups to increase operational excellence.
- Leads local organization in championing HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Works with other Operations Leads in optimization and standardization across the organization.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensures readiness status of all equipment in location of responsibility
- Readiness and competency of all offshore and onshore technicians
- Repair and Maintenance cost if equipment in location of responsibility
- All HSE initiatives are reviewed and understood across the Enterprise
- All Quality initiatives are implemented across the Enterprise
- Tracking of all assets and equipment within systems
- All processes changes or implementation is completed and maintained across the organization
- As required, discuss with Local Area Lead the readiness of equipment to support upcoming requirements and ongoing projects.
- As required, discuss with Local Area Lead the crew selection, preparedness, and overall competency performance.
- As required, discuss local technical and engineering support, any new or ongoing support requirements.
- As required, discuss with local SCM leader all KPIs / SLA as agreed.
- Close alignment with HR with respect to Manpower Planning / Recruitment / Utilization and Development
- Ensure the adoption and distinction between Project Management and Service Excellence.
- Learn what it means to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Promote the effective use of SLA's
- Drive clear, visible and frequent discussions between business and functional parts of the organization.
- Promote improvement at all levels, where individuals train , mentor and understand willingness to understand all business functions and how they interact.
- Ensure transparency and data centric based discussions when raising cross BG challenges.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Management preferred.
- Ten (10) years Oilfield experience to include at least five years of Administrative, Office or Operations Management experience; or, any combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
Working Conditions (Requires Regional Variance)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.