Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Aboriginal/Indigenous Relations Advisor for a contract until Sept 2022.
Reporting to the Manager - Indigenous Relations Business Engagement, this position is responsible for implementing the Indigenous Relations Policy, Strategy, and Business Unit strategies relating to the Indigenous Community Legacy (CL) and Education and Training (E&T) programs across various business units in Canada and the US.
The successful candidate will work closely with the IR Engagement team, the IR Business Engagement Team, and Indigenous community representatives to identify and evaluate opportunities for investment in CL and E&T initiatives and develop and execute other programs aimed at supporting education and training initiatives for indigenous groups and individuals.
This position requires a working knowledge of federal and provincial regulatory processes, consultation guidelines, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with Tribal / Indigenous communities and organizations to identify, develop and implement community legacy and training plans.
• Coordinate the implementation of CL and E&T programs for Canada and U.S.;
• Support IR Engagement Team Leads and Engagement Leads with preparing, reviewing and providing recommendations for CL and E&T requests;
• Engage with Indigenous and Tribal representatives to respond to questions and prepare decision rationales, as required;
• Prepare RFF's and work with IR Engagement to facilitate timely delivery of payments;
• Work with Engagement team to design and implement project-specific community-based E&T plans through collaboration with key Indigenous and Tribal community and organization representatives, internal stakeholders, and appropriate external organizations/institutions to meet community needs, support regulatory processes and project implementation, and strengthen relationships with communities;
• Prepare monthly CL and E&T funding reports to support project and IR Governance reporting requirements;
• Liaise with Corporate Community Investment to deliver Scholarship program to Indigenous and Tribal communities
• Other duties as required.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong respectful relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders and external rights-holder groups;
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting to accomplish priorities based on broad objectives in a continuously evolving context;
• Excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to find creative solutions to problems;
• Ability to identify synergies between community-led needs and business objectives;
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and in written form with the ability to effectively present to a variety of audiences;
• High energy and ability to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
• Post-secondary degree in Political Science, Cultural Anthropology, Community Development, Environmental Science, Business Administration or related discipline;
• Minimum five years' experience with 2+ years prior experience in a similar role, including:
o Engaging with Indigenous /Tribal communities and organizations;
o Implementing community investment programs;
o Preparing budgets/ forecasts and reports;
• Knowledge of capacity building and community development approaches and planning;
• Experience supporting large scale/infrastructure projects preferred;
• Experience with CER regulatory processes will be considered an asset; and
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* This position may require overnight travel to meet with Tribal communities and businesses (15% of the time or more).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.