Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Project Management, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bishop, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping/Mechanical/CS Construction Coordinator with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the Construction Coordinator you will be responsible for interfacing between the project engineering group and the construction group on facility-based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant near Bishop, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Meet or exceed the company and customer safety standards
- Comply with and assure that construction work compiles with all company and customer procedures, engineering and construction practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand engineering construction packages and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Provide field oversight of the construction aspects of capital projects in a fast paced environment
- Work with plant engineers to understand the needs of the projects group and to inform them of the construction process for each of their projects
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Review and comment on material take-offs and construction estimating
- Follow up on ordered materials, field installation and red-lines
- Develop construction execution plans for work packages
- Develop man-hour estimates for projects
- Represent construction in project team and stake holder meetings
- Lead field walks, take measurements, photographs and perform constructibility assessment on design throughout the life-cycle of the project
Skills / Qualifications
- 7 + years industrial experience working in the chemical manufacturing industry
- Experience in industrial piping, mechanical, and civil/structural construction methods as currently used in chemical manufacturing facilities
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control methods for piping, mechanical systems, and Civil/Structural systems
- Experience with managing third party contractors in a petrochemical facility
- Outdoor work experience, able to wear required PPE and drive safely to job-site, and to walk and climb at the job-site as needed to oversee the construction site work
- Familiarity with industrial piping, paint, and insulation systems and the application of installation standards
- Familiarity with pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, rotating equipment, fired equipment, and other mechanical systems and their construction and installation
- Familiarity with general civil and structural construction
- Familiarity with engineering standards such as PIP, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.