Senior Risk Consultant
Our Client, is currently seeking a Senior Risk Consultant to work a one year contract in Sherbrooke, or Montreal Quebec
Upon your arrival, you will be part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team. Depending on your availability for this mandate, you will be assigned to the overall risk management of one or more major
In collaboration with the project director (s), you must integrate and foster the practice of identifying and proactively managing project risks to maintain a dynamic view of the risk profile of key projects in the portfolio.
You will provide the required risk management expertise to assist project managers, work stream managers and project controllers in the development and delivery of project
- Advise project teams to determine appropriate risk management approaches for estimation and planning.
- Contribute to the identification, quantification, and qualification of project risks as well as suggestions for appropriate responses to risks
- Hold regular risk management meetings for projects to identify and assess risks and encourage team members to freely communicate any exposure to risk.
- Assist project management teams as well as project equity partners or clients to clarify the clients perspective on project risks, while providing comprehensive analysis and what-if scenarios.
- Apply active risk management methods to reduce their impact on costs and schedules, during the development and implementation phases.
- Integrate the deliverables related to risk management into the project management tools. (WBS, Schedule, etc ...) and ensure their achievement
- Provide support to business development teams in the early stages of the process of identifying and assessing risks for project opportunities.
- Participate in the escalation process for risk-related performance issues (risk profile not improving) and traceability for recourse to contingency measures.
- Promote a culture of proactive and dynamic risk management within the company and support the BGP (Project Office) in continuous improvement and business intelligence in risk management.
- Develop a bank of best practices and lessons learned and help PMO communicate effectively across the organization.
Risk Reports and measures
- Develop reporting tools to increase transparency and visibility of project performance with reliable project data for the entire project portfolio.
- Collaborate with other PMO members in the development and preparation of regular reports to help project managers make decisions.
- Develop and implement project risk metrics to determine and improve project performance.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, commerce or related field required.
- Master's degree in business administration or science, an asset.
- AACEI DRMP or PMI-RMP certification, an important asset.
- Solid experience in the development and execution of complex engineering and construction projects.
- Project experience in the heavy industry sector (biofuel, oil and gas) an important asset.
- At least five years of experience in capital project management or risk management.
- Proven experience in developing risk management processes, procedures, and tools.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Practical approach and dynamic attitude focused on getting the job done.
- High analytical skills and ease of performing detailed analyzes while compiling comprehensive reports.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Successful execution of tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and analyze schedules and estimates for large engineering projects.
- +Ease of use of tools like Primavera P6 Risk Analysis, @Risk from Palisade, Excel, Power BI, Visio and maybe also Acumen Fuse from Deltek, etc. s
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.