Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Focused on applying/supervising engineering best practices on field operations related with Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) products. Excellence in operational performance and well engineering standards. Capable for building basis of design on hydraulic simulations for MPD operations on location (ECD, ESD, surge, swab, pill placement/displacement, complete rollover, Managed Pressure Cementing, influx simulations, MPD matrix, MPD IME, etc.). Responsible for implementing the basis of design and recommendations obtained during the planning phase.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support MPD engineering design including all aspects of project preparation and technical proposals for MPD wells (Feasibility Studies and MPD Engineering Programs).
- Perform engineering hydraulic simulations and enforce best operational practices on rig site.
- Provide engineering support to operations from the office when required.
- Understand the working principle of all equipment and parts related with MPD.
- Responsible for completing daily operational reports, daily plots and keeping updated the End of Well Report document.
- Write, recommend, refine, or establish documented operating and contingencies procedures required to enhance operational procedures and systems. Update P&ID based on procedures defined.
- Perform onshore and offshore rig inspection, write a standardized related inspection report, define P&ID and flow process diagram. Support Wellsite Supervisor, Field Engineer or Project Engineer of higher level on jackups/semisubs/drillships/other offshore structure rigs inspection, help to define P&ID, flow process diagrams and write the inspection report.
- Support MPD Crew in equipment rig-up/rig-down following instructions from the crew supervisor. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Responsible for connecting our sensors to our main data acquisition system, collect the data, data interpretation and system troubleshooting.
- Monitor, collect, plot and analyse downhole data, focused on process optimization.
- Operate the Full automated, semi-auto or manual MPD systems.
- Work together with the Wellsite supervisor on MPD equipment performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Supervise MPD (automatic, semi-auto, and manual systems) equipment commissioning, green tag and repair/maintenance procedures, following instruction from crew leader. Support project leader on commissioning, green tag and repair/maintenance procedures for the rest of MPD equipment.
- Supervise equipment/parts preparation for shipping from any Weatherford location/base. Supervise that all equipment is working properly according to best practices. Supervise that all working tests are documented, stored and available at job site. Supervise that all shipping parts list are updated.
- Ability and willingness to learn thru a structured development and competency standard program which includes internal and external courses, external certifications and practical on the job training (both office and field).
- An accredited Engineering degree (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical/Electronic, Industrial or Petroleum preferred).
- Prior experience in MPD preferred.
- Experience working with single-phase/multi-phase steady state and transient hydraulic simulators.
- Proven English language communication skills required (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional manner with a positive customer service attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a positive attitude.
- Proven time management skills.
- Support workshops, attended by clients and PSL personnel, aimed at analysing and mitigating risks.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to high quality product, service and customer satisfaction