MARINE ENGINEER III MAIN FUNCTIONS
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 3:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
- Act as liaisons between ships' captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that ships are operated safely and efficiently.
- Check, test, and maintain automatic controls and alarm systems.
- Maintain records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Perform monitoring activities in order to ensure that ships comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Schedule machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
- 15-20 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marine or Civil Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.