Posted: Dec 07, 2021
Posted: Dec 07, 2021
Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 25 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines
Wood is recruiting for a Construction Engineer (Piping, Mechanical or Structural) to join our team initially in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project. This project aims to rejuvenate 79 offshore platforms to ensure ongoing production for the next 25 years. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The construction engineer (PMS) will be responsible to the Construction Manager and a direct report to the Construction Lead for the onshore preparation and execution phases of the construction work associated with specific multidiscipline campaigns. They will develop and monitor the ongoing campaign construction work plans and ensure all work is carried out in a safe and productive manner in accordance with approved budget, schedule, quality, safety, health, and environmental requirements in the line with company and client procedures. This is an end - to - end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines such as, planning, engineering, procurement, and client operations.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Be conversant with the project HSSE plan and implement the HS&E procedures ensuring the health and safety of construction and ensure all site activities are performed in a safe, environmentally responsible manner with integrity and quality delivering Wood HSE targets
- Promote Wood behaviors
- Promote Wood Core Values
- Provide Constructability / Readiness reviews and ensure that constructability is inherent within the design by being involved at the early stage of work scope engineering, in accordance with company and project policies and procedures
- Provide construction input and Man Hours into estimates
- Check and approve Work Packs containing all relevant documentation required for Construction execution activities
- Identify any Specialist Vendor Support, Tools and Equipment required to implement scope
- Full working knowledge of construction activities in relation to the relevant Piping, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument discipline
- Provide Input to construction network reviews and P6 scheduling, identifying resources / vendors / tools and equipment, including hot work and cold working mapping and I - POP support,
- Attend client and contract specific meetings and huddles
- Assist in raising CTR's for all new implementation work scopes as required
- Review design documents and provide constructability input to designs
- Contribute to the construction work pack development process in accordance with the agreed implementation procedures and provide detailed construction activity sequences to assist in creating Job cards, Test and Inspection Matrices and compile work packs
- Ensure contents of work pack meet with scope requirements including TRA's, JMS, materials, Peer reviews, HAZID's, ENVID's, COSHH requirements
- Input to the construction MOC process, input to work scope estimates, and register changes with supporting documentation, raise change alerts and obtain approval for work scope growth job cards
- Engage with the completions team to appreciate the certification matrix requirements prior to work pack issue
- Undertake visits to onshore facility or offshore installations to review designs and liaise with Construction Supervisors
- Conduct Roadshow visits to onshore facilities or offshore installations and discuss with operations team, construction team and facilities management the forth coming scopes of work.
- Identify any Specialist Vendor Support, Tools and Equipment required to implement scope.
- Liaising with study team lead discipline engineers on developing solutions on FEED Studies
- Conduct / Undertaking of onshore / offshore surveys and generation of reports CON - FRM - 1149 where required
- Writing of construction / operational section of FEED report
- Assist with construction input to Bid preparation
- Assess effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personnel, and team performances
- Review and ensure that completions ITR's are optimized and are suitable for execution offshore
- Review and comment on LOSH associated with their own discipline
- Support the Construction Lead with offshore management team and trade supervision on work execution plans and progress; Liaise with project engineers to ensure priorities are maintained for work preparation and execution; Liaise with commissioning engineers, vendors, and sub - contractors to maximize the opportunities for accessing available systems
- Monitor design delivery dates, report on work pack progress, and monitor activities with regards to completion dates
- Check executed work packs prior to handover to completions, raise punch lists if appropriate; Manage punch - list action register, and monitor punch - list closeouts after handover
- Working in a team environment
Skills / Qualifications
- A recognized degree or equivalent experience or qualification in a relevant branch of engineering and be a member of an internationally recognized professional Institution
- Have a minimum of 10years practical offshore construction experience in oil and gas related design, construction, and implementation work in major projects
- A sound technical background and possess a demonstrated ability to co - ordinate multi - discipline construction preparation tasks, in the design or execution phases of a campaign
- Good understanding of construction methods, combined with an ability to fit design to deliverable and must understand inter - discipline relationships
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice and their application to design, procurement, and construction activities, dependent on project work scope
- Have comprehensive experience of multi - discipline interfaces and have the interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non - technical staff
- Sound knowledge of design engineering in relation to the project cycle including relevant industry codes and standards, and the HSSE aspects of oil and gas design / construction
- Capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan, coordinate, motivate and direct staff
- Good Rejuvenation and Brownfield project experience
- Experienced in Corrective Maintenance & Modifications execution
- Managed resources in an EPC environment with marine support management interfaces
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs and SAP CMMS System
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Proven track record of building teams with different backgrounds and value diverse thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.