Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is seeking an Operations & Maintenance Engineer to partipcate and lead elements of maintenance readiness programs. We are seeking personnel who have experience in the mining and oil sands energy sectors.
This position will preferably be based in Saskatoon, however, we will consider candidates from other regions in Canada (Calgary, etc.).
Successful candidates will lead specialist Operations and Maintenance initiative either as part of single projects or as part of larger programs
- Lead the Operations and Maintenance project elements on behalf of client to determine maintenance readiness, turnaround, steady state and material management standards.
- Participate and provde input into client operability, maintainability, HAZIDs and 3-D model reviews during design.
- Act as a mine maintenance specialist and advise on the applicability of maintenance and operations routines to enable efficient operations.
- Lead and develop maintenance and operations management specifiations, procedures and standards.
- Lead a small group of maintenance specialists and planners for the delivery of operations and maintenance deliverables.
- Lead medium to small size O&M document projects as the project manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical discipline
- 10 years experience in the management of operations & maintenance consultancy projects, with at least 5 years in the Mining sector.
- Understand maintenance readiness program and objectives from a client/owner perspective.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in an operations & maintenance environment
- Ability to produce reports and develop technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience in development of Operations and Maintenance standards & processes
- Worked on site
- A working knowledge of the mining industry , preferably with experience in Potash or Oil Sands operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.