Skills: Business Development, Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood is seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator to join our Southeast Proposals team. The successful candidate will work with business development and operations leadership teams to plan and deliver proposals to local municipal, industrial, energy and to U.S. Government clients. This position is open to any major Wood US Office locations in Georgia and Florida. The Proposal Coordinator must thrive in a deadline-driven environment, manage multiple priorities and stakeholders while leading a team that is required to quickly pivot as business requirements dictate.
Wood offers consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialized power services to our customers worldwide. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/ infrastructure, mining, and oil & gas.
The Proposal Coordinator will lead the proposal development process and manage the production of proposals, including local municipal, industrial, energy, transportation and to U.S. Government clients including Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ), Task Order (TO) proposals, SF 330s, and other responses, ensuring that the proposal is compliant and delivered on time. In this key role, you will collaborate with capture management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and proposal staff to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively coordinate a team of complex skills and functions, including Capture Manager, Technical Lead/PM, volume/section leads, authors, SMEs, and small business professionals.
- Maintain end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, including written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers (BAFOs), Evaluation Notices (ENs), Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs), etc.
- Participate in pre-proposal positioning, where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation. This includes supporting capture planning and leading proposal planning document development.
- Analyze the solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare and distribute proposal directive including schedule, compliance matrix, outline, templates, action items.
- Schedule and lead proposal kickoff and status calls, determine assignments within proposal team, and monitor completion of assignments while ensuring accountability.
- Proactively advance the company's proposal planning and management processes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal experience; candidates working in an Engineering or Consulting environment preferred. Demonstrated experience successfully writing winning competitive proposals, knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously: able to be hands-on as well as strategic
- Effectively resolve conflicts between individual needs and requirements of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to guide and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite as well as SharePoint, TEAMS, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign
- A commitment to Health, Safety, Security & Environment through compliance with all policies and procedures and completion of all required training
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.