Lead Specialist EHSAre you excited by the prospect of working for an industry leader in Health and Safety?Would you like to implement strategies to improve the safety of our workforce?Join our HSE team
We create ways to collaborate with our colleagues, customers, and communities. Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) are built into everything we do - product designing, planning, and executing for our customers. Our expectation is to make every day a Perfect HSE Day with no injuries, accidents, or harm to the environment.Partner with the best
As the HSE Lead Specialist, you will manage the HSE transition from the project opportunity (ITO), execution through de-mobilization. In addition, you will be responsible for strengthening our HSE culture as well as assure that risk management plans are in place and remain effective to manage project HSE risks.
As HSE Lead Specialist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Acting as a subject-matter expert on HSE topics including emergency preparedness, and safety risk
- Maintaining Government HSE compliance, reporting requirements, and managing the adoption of relevant policies and procedures.
- Advising and guiding functional managers regarding compliance to governmental regulations, environmental permitting, improvement projects, and both internal and external processes, and procedures, for multiple sites across the United States and Latin America.
- Handling communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
- Contributing to project as a team member or leads small regional and global projects.
- Managing multiple projects and providing clear direction, disciplined timelines, and coordinated schedules.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety).
- Have 3 years of experience in Health and Safety.
- Have significant experience in HSE operations.
- Have working knowledge of HSE management systems, Local HSE regulations, and widely used international standards.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be available to travel as required.
Work in a way that works for you
- Have oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to speak Spanish (preferred).
- Have interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Have the ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Be effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Have proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Be proficient in HAZOPS and HAZID Assessments, Project Risk Assessments, and the development of Risk Management Plans.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
Working with Us
- Working flexible hours - Talk to us about your desired flexible working options when you apply.
- Working remote - occasional remote working as required
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.