Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Capital Expenditure Sourcing Manager in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Successful candidate must be local to the Deer Park, TX area (there is no relocation assistance or per diem offered).
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required Job Description:
Looking for an ideal team player who would report to the CapEx Team Procurement Manager. Responsible for representing Lubrizol to supply base and facilitating the procurement of indirect goods and service. This individual will have accountability to procure a broad range of equipment both domestically and internationally, as well as supplies and services in support of the organization's objectives and plant operations. In addition, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that relationships between the company and suppliers are maintained in a manner consistent with corporate policies, procedures and quality standards.
Perform assignments related to the procurement of goods and services including but not limited to negotiation and purchase of capital equipment, implementation of regional and national agreements, and contracted services required by Lubrizol's chemical plants. The individual shall work within the framework of the projects with multiple disciplinary teams (maintenance, project engineering, R+D, IT, legal, finance, etc.) to deliver an optimized solution for the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and reduce operational risk to manufacturing plants and project engineering team. Duties / Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications Skills / Qualifications:
- Meet or exceed the company and customer safety standards.
- Comply with all company and customer procedures, practices and standards
- Act professionally in all work activities in a legal and ethical manner in compliance with applicable laws and support compliance of all corporate policies and regional/local Health, Safety, Environmental and Security practices
- Work closely with Engineering and Maintenance project managers to achieve project objectives while obtaining the highest total value for the corporation
- Assist engineering teams in defining commercially viable project scope (functional definition, value analysis) and selection of project execution methodology
- Ability to research and identify capable suppliers or contractors and initiate selection, pre- qualification, and approval of new suppliers
- Develop, issue, and manage both the internal Request for Information (RFI) and external RFI, Request for Quote, and Request for Proposal processes for the selection of goods and services
- Collect, analyze, and assure quality and accuracy of the spend analysis where applicable
- Leading multiple cross-functional procurement teams; actively driving procurement standardization and consolidation opportunities.
- Deliver cost reduction goals through negotiation of unit price, rebates, material substitutions, standardization, consolidation of supply, and/or process improvement
- Monitor and gather sourcing trends and market data for assigned spend categories and provide market insight to Procurement manager and strategic buyers
- Foster a culture of teamwork with Engineering and Maintenance to achieve the scope, quality, schedule, and the lowest total cost of ownership objectives
Additional Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- 4-year college degree from an accredited institution in purchasing, supply chain, logistics, finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or other technical discipline
- 5-10 years' experience leading the procurement portion capital projects ranging from $250K to $5MM per project in a manufacturing environment
- Equipment Sourcing and Purchasing experience
- Contract management and execution
- Technical knowledge of the following:
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Various project execution methodologies and pricing methods
- Process for identifying and pre-qualifying suppliers
- Negotiation Process and Strategy Development
- Internal and External RFI and RFQ Process
- Freight Terms & Incoterms
- Contract Negotiations
- Price change indexes / formulas for future purchases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to relate well with individuals at various levels, inside and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with SAP and Ariba.
- APICS/C.P.S.M./C.P.M. certification or work towards designation.
- Master of Business Administration.
- International CapEx Project Experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.