Skills: Engineering Technician, Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently seeking Senior Process Engineers in the Calgary or Edmonton office. We are seeking an experienced engineer with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle and ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our clients. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Flow Assurance.
The successful candidate will perform flow assurance activities under the supervision of a more senior team member and will provide specialist hands on engineering input to project activities from screening studies to the completion of the execution phase. Your effective communication and team skills means you will be comfortable being a primary point of contact with clients and specialists where required.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Support the project team in developing simulation models and perform thermo hydraulic analysis utilizing the models developed
- System design modeling work including new line pipe sizing, pump sizing, DRA (drag reducing additive agent) utilization and modifications of existing assets.
- Perform steady state and transient analysis studies for green field design and brown field system upgrading concepts
- Investigate system over-pressure in pipelines , tank farms and facility and clearly highlight the root cause and mitigation criteria to operate the system safely
- Write clear and concise deliverable design basis documentation and summary reports
- Deliver scopes within the agreed project schedule
- Liaise with clients effectively and efficiently to address any technical issues and challenges
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the company quality management system
- Ensure that project objectives assigned by the Team Lead / Project Manager and Client are achieved
- Making effective presentations to clients that bottom line the results
- Support other work as may be required. This may include but not be limited to studies, research, developmental work or work of a related nature
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate shall:
- Be a professional engineer and currently registered or eligible for registration with APEGA
- Have 5-10 years' experience with a minimum of 3 years with technical proficiency in steady state, and transient pipeline hydraulics Flow Assurance
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills.
- Knowledge of Industry standards related to pipeline and piping ASME, API, CSA, etc.
- Proficiency in AFT Fathom , AFT Impulse and DNVGL Synergi Pipeline Simulator is required
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering projects for oil & gas, refinery and petrochemical
- Programming / coding (VBA, python, etc.) and data analytics skills would be an advantage
- Knowledge of pipe net ,OLGA / Pipesim / Hysys /PVTSIM/ ProII would be an asset
- Knowledge of CFD programs like ANSYS would be an asset
- Advanced degree (master or Phd) in thermo-fluid or multiphase flow would be as asset
- Knowledge of heat transfer analysis utilizing FEA methodology
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.