Skills: Design Engineer, Piping Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping & Mechanical Design Lead with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for leading a group of piping & mechanical designers and performing some design yourself while supporting small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant's capital project's group.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Meet or exceed the company's safety standards
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Understand the project work load of the group and assign design resources to support project managers
- Update and maintain the weekly resource schedule and long term forecasts for piping & mechanical designers
- Train piping & mechanical design group on new processes and procedures
- Perform evaluations of work performed by members of the piping & mechanical design group
- Assist with on-boarding of new piping & mechanical designers
- Provide guidance around best piping & mechanical design approaches and work quality
- Assist with estimating design effort needed for projects
- Provide piping & mechanical design support to capital and service projects in a fast-paced environment
- Application of company and industry standards to generate piping & mechanical construction packages
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Assist with material take-offs and construction estimating
Skills / Qualifications
- 20+ years industrial experience working in the industrial design field, preferably in that of the chemical manufacturing or oil, or gas processing industries
- Experience leading other piping & mechanical designers
- Experience in design of piping & mechanical systems as currently used in chemical manufacturing facilities
- Outdoor design experience, able to wear required PPE and drive safely to job site for field measurement/as-built drawings
- Experience in MicroStation a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.