Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector we are seeking a talented and motivated EIA Project Manager to join our Resilient Environments International team as part of our enthusiastic and supportive Offshore Wind team. This post will ideally be based in London, Reading or Glasgow but other locations and hybrid/ flexible work options will also be considered.
We have an extensive track record in delivering consents for large, complex, multidisciplinary projects in the UK and globally across multiple sectors including our staff working on the development of projects in all UK offshore wind farm leasing rounds to date including the current Round 4 leasing process.
We pride ourselves in combining our industry-wide DCO experience, digital EIA approach and in-depth knowledge of the wind sector to deliver cost effective solutions for our clients.
What is in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join a fast pace and growing team where you will have the opportunity to not only develop your EIA and DCO project management experience but to play an active role in shaping the future direction of offshore wind and the team in Wood. Our team has a proven track record of delivering consents for high profile offshore wind projects and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in this exciting market.
You will be joining a company with:
- Industry wide DCO experience and with a passion to drive innovative approaches to environmental assessment
- An unrivalled market position built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery
- An extensive portfolio of projects worldwide offering exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space
The pace will be challenging but it will be rewarding and there are significant opportunities for career development across Wood's wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business. We have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space.
What you will be working on
The main responsibilities are to:
- Lead project teams to deliver EIA and provide consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle with a particular focus on DCO applications in the development phase
- Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients as well as using your existing network to win new work
- Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Development Consent Order experience as well as familiarity with the Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations and have some experience of leading project work from Scoping to Examination
- Experience in coordinating specialist technical input to deliver carefully considered, high quality EIA's for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore wind sector
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry
- An established network in the offshore wind industry
- Accomplished people management skills particularly coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Willingness to travel, including possible international travel
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study) (Desirable)
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body (Desirable)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.