Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Building Performance Engineer to join our team in Ontario.
Please note this postion may be able to work from any Wood office across Canada or even remotely.
The successful candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in energy management and building performance. We are seeking a senior technical professional who will be able to utilize their knowledge, and experience to be able to communicate and participate as a valued team contributor and resource.
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary team in the preparation of proposals and projects within the Energy Management consulting core area of expertise, including review and determination of bid and pricing strategies.
- Responsibility for overall quality and execution of pursuits and projects.
- Network with Wood Resilient Environments sector leaders across North America to help promote Energy Management and High Building Performance practice as a service.
- In collaboration with senior staff develop and maintain a balanced and focused strategic growth plan for the Energy Management consulting business, with focus on growing our revenue in Canada.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited university with a degree in Mechanical, Environmental Design and Engineering, Electrical or other related discipline with related experience.
- Achieved status as a Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP).
- Professional Engineer (P Eng) with a minimum of 10 years related working experience, preferably within Engineering Consulting.
- Experience with major building energy systems or process with the goals of Sustainable Design, LEED, Net-Zero, Passive Design and Deep Energy Retrofits.
- Experience in various business sectors such as Municipal, Industrial, Federal, Agriculture, Institutional, Hospitals, Commercial Office or Retail buildings.
- Experience of Energy Efficiency and conversant with industry guides, practices and codes relevant to the industry practice.
- Software capability including building simulation tools, IES VE, Energy Plus, Open Studio, Sefaira and RETScreen.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.