Skills: Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Do you enjoy working with financial data?
Would you like to make a difference to our financial and operational processes?
Join our cutting-edge Finance team!
Our Finance Team provides support and insight for the business through planning, analysing and reporting. We use extensive data to aid important decision making that impacts our global organisation and to identify areas for improvement. Our team innovates through digitization to constantly improve the value we provide.
Partner with the best
You will provide expertise on processes and related SOX internal controls over financial reporting, while working towards efficient, effective, and consistent controls across the business. Internal Control also needs to identify controllership & compliance process gaps and manage, if needed, resolution of deficiencies.
As Internal Controls SOX Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting local management to assess risks and develop controls and related documentation in line with the rest of Baker Hughes framework.
- Interacting with Center Leader and other business to ensure adherence to the plan and monitoring status and gaps resolution.
- Executing SOX work plans for reviews of design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls, including scope, effort, and timing in relation to businesses and related processes.
- Performing and overseeing the performance of process walkthroughs and detailed control testing in order to conclude on the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Organising work and resources effectively to accomplish assigned tasks while minimising disruption to other departments.
- Utilising knowledge of and exposure to broad processes to identify areas for standardisation, simplification, or improvement.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors business degree; a national or internationally recognised professional accountancy qualification is preferred.
- Have significant experience in Controllership or Audits.
- Be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritise rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.