Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Roustabout
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: SIGN ON BONUS PROVIDED
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
Floorhand (USS)- SIGN ON BONUS PROVIDED
Handles tubular goods and drilling tools using drill floor equipment.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
SIGN ON BONUS PROVIDED
- Handles tubular goods by manually pushing, pulling, lifting and operating hoists and racking equipment.
- Measures tubular goods using a rig tape.
- Makes and breaks tubular connections using tongs, and handles tubular goods, spinning chain, iron roughnecks, elevators and slips. Requires heavy exertion in forms of pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- Visually inspects connections, dies, nuts and bolts on drill floor and drilling equipment including derrick. Replaces, repairs and tightens as required.
- Assists Derrickhand in changing screens; relieves Derrickhand as required.
- Assists Driller in the training and instruction of less experience Floorhands.
- Assists in specialized tasks:
- Rigging up.
- Nippling up.
- Running casing.
- Lubricating jacking system during Rig moves.
- Tearing down specialized equipment. Requires ability to work over side and work from high elevations - requires climbing.
- Forms part of Well Control Team during shut in procedures.
- Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personnel safety and the safety of fellow crewmembers.
- Reports any irregularities or safety hazards to supervisors.
May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above as the above duties describe only the typical, primary features of the job and should not be construed as describing all the duties which are part of the job.
Normal career path would have adequately demonstrated to a supervisor through on-the-job experience the ability to competently and safely perform the tasks of a roustabout. Prior land rig experience is preferred. The position of Floorhand necessitates capacity to be able to perform very heavy work.
Very Heavy Work: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. or more.
Education and Experience
Prior land rig experience is preferred.
- Business Ethics - Understands fully Ensign's ethics policy and its application in all business dealings including contractual agreements and contract negotiations
- Business Policies - Understands and agrees to follow all of Ensign's Policy and Directives and procedures as set forth in the Ensign Company Policy and Basic Directives Handbook for Employees
- Certifications - Maintains technical and safety certifications required by company or government agencies; remains current on all OSHA, EUSD and other required training
- Drug-free workplace - Conforms to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of mind-altering prescription or non-prescription drugs, including alcohol and other drugs of abuse.
- Occupational Health and Safety - Understands fully the Ensign Health and Safety policy and self-responsibility for own health and safety at work; Demonstrates responsibility to avoid adversely affecting the health and safety of others through any act or omission
- Uses the correct protective clothing and equipment as provided by Ensign and guards against misuse or damage to such equipment
- Reports any hazardous situations arising in the workplace that cannot be self-corrected, or injury incurred during the course of work, no matter how minor
- Avoids injury resulting from manual handling tasks, by use of risk assessment, correct mechanical handling equipment and correct manual handling techniques