Manufacturing and Welding Engineer Leader Would you enjoy being the go-to technical subject matter expert?Do you love leading and motivating others to deliver successful products?Be part of a successful team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team partners with cross-functional teams on inland or offshore rigs to add value to oil well extractions and provide support to the success of our field operations.Take ownership for the production of our products
In this role, you will be vital player in leading our team of Offshore manufacturing and engineering support. You will work with global team on improvement initiatives in the Eastern Hemisphere. Your role is instrumental in helping us to deliver energy to people around the world.
As a Manufacturing and Welding Engineer Leader, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Conducting frequent interactions on manager level with Engineering, maintenance, planning and enabling functions about technical and organizational alignment.
- Evaluating manufacturing process and shape strategic projects to improve processes capabilities, quality, fulfillment, safety and productivity.
- Collaborating with global cross-functional teams to develop and innovate welding & manufacturing technology best practices.
- Partnering with internal teams to deliver product developments, analysis and failure mode and effects analysis risk assessments.
- Demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes for welding and manufacturing team in Batam.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrate substantial experience (at least 5 years) in manufacturing engineering tasks and environment.
- Have experience in leading and mentoring teams of 8-10 people in manufacturing environment.
- Have good communication and presentation skills to articulate highly technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrate experience of working with cross-functional teams within a global-matrix environment.
- Be an experienced problem solver, with an analytical approach to identifying root causes and implementing solutions.
- Have International Welding Engineer (IWE) Certification will be added advantage .
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
Working with us
- This role is an office based working hours and occasionally working after hours and/or on weekend.
- This role is possible for working from home and/or other working locations as required to support customer activities.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.