Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Group Leader to develop and support the UK Automation and Control business (Wood Applied Intelligence). As a result of continued growth, we are now looking for an experienced manager to work with our operations management and business development team to acquire new business. The role will have day to day responsibility to develop our delivery expertise for a wide range of services from the supply of automation consultants to support our customers through to delivery of multi discipline projects across a variety of industries.
Wood has been successful in winning multi-year frameworks and are now actively looking to develop non - framework business in a variety of industries and vertical markets.
Although the role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites, sales presentations, and regular face to face meetings with colleagues and direct reports will be expected.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Oversees the successful delivery of multiple automation projects and assignments
- Ensure all applicable processes, management / application systems and appropriate organizational structures are in place and operating effectively
- Compliance with delegation of authority limits
- Actively supports the Growth and Development team, reviewing proposals, estimates
- Responsible for the oversight of non - framework automation projects executed in the UK
- Provide leadership and management to all personnel within the BU including managing work allocation, training, mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Competency assurance of personnel and their development
- Salary planning and administration
- Develop and participate in key recruitment efforts to promote employee development
Skills / Qualifications
- Chartered engineer, Degree level preferred in an engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Proven line management experience managing a team size of circa 20 highly qualified engineers
- Excellent commercial acumen with experience in cost estimating automation projects ranging up to £5m.
- Substantial automation and control delivery experience in highly regulated industries
- Track record at an OEM, System integrator, Main Automation Contractor (MAC)
- A proven track record within the Oil and Gas, Lifesciences, Petrochemical, or similar industries
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders and a pro - active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Self - motivated, energetic, and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.