Working as part of a brand new multi-disciplinary team you'll be providing engineering and technical assurance to a key customer's research and development facility. They are a global leader in delivering new low carbdon technologies for business renewal and therefore you'll be supporting the operation of state of the art high temperature and high pressure R&D scall chemical reactors, including high throughput experimentation units, process scale-up units, distillation systems and a range of smaller scale screening units and analysers.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing instrumentation & electrical maintenance support & legislative compliance for assigned contracts.
- Supporting capital projects and research-led modifications from cradle to grave to ensure approval, design, procurement, construction and commissioning are safe and maintainable.
- Conducting technical reviews and provide design assurance on modifications and projects on research rig and pilot plant scale instrumentation, control, and electrical systems.
To be successful, you're able to engage and develop positive working relationships, adapting, contributing and working effectively with other members of the SCP team and our SCP site partners. You're also committed to developing yourself and delivering operational and business improvements and innovation. Minimum Requirements:
- HND or equivalent qualification in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering.
- Working in & contributing to a 24/7 industrial energy, pharmaceutical or research process.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving and maintenance support.
- Experience in project management, improvement activities & management of change.
- Data collection, analysis, interpretation & reporting against targets, business, commercial & SHEQ goals.
- Development & contribution to, implementation & continuous improvement of equipment maintenance strategies, documents projects & initiatives.
- SHE systems including Permit to Work, Safe Systems of Work & risk management.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.