Posted: Nov 22, 2021
We are currently looking for experienced Petroleum Engineering Specialist to join us in the Unconventional Reservoir Engineering Department (URED) within Unconventional Resources (UR) Business Line, based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The PE Specialist will report to the Head of UR Development Strategy and Reserves Division and shall have broad experience in the oil and gas upstream business with skills in subsurface evaluation and petroleum economics. We are seeking petroleum engineering professionals with in-depth knowledge in the following specialties: (1) Economic Evaluation, Business Planning and budgeting (2) Field development and depletion plans (3) Investment decision analysis (including risk and uncertainty).
URED provides high-level technical support to upstream management in all areas related to unconventional field development within the Kingdom. This role requires both depth and breadth of critical technical expertise, managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills. The specialist will provide strategic options for unconventional development with emphasis on economic evaluation. The successful candidate will apply holistic modeling and decision analysis techniques to support value optimization of the full upstream portfolio within the Company's upstream strategy. Also, will have significant liaison responsibilities with several organizations including Finance, Corporate Strategy & Market Analysis and Reserves.
Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering or related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree in Petroleum Economics or Statistics would be an advantage.
We are targeting 15-20 years' experience with at least 5-8 years in unconventional plays including shale, tight sand or channel reservoir. US or Canadian experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in unconventional green field development. Knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is required: PEEP, MOSAIC, Enersight, PVTsim, ProjectRA and Spotfire.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carry out economic Modeling for ongoing development as part of commerciality assessment
• Perform economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work closely with Corporate Finance, Strategy and Reserves groups
• Carry out Risk & Uncertainty assessment of technical and financial components
• Perform Specific scenario planning and sensitivity studies as directed by Management
• closely work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and implement field development plans
• Conversant with Reserves estimation, validation and booking for unconventional plays
• Conversant with business planning process. Short & Long range planning, portfolio ranking.
• Provide economic & operational benchmarking of North American Unconventional Plays
• Develop and implement new work processes, best technical practices, governance and controls
• Coach and mentor less experienced Saudi engineers and effectively explain ideas, concepts, and techniques. Represent Saudi Aramco in external forums.
Saudi Aramco's Exploration & Producing (E&P) business line oversees the world's largest reserves of conventional crude oil, and the fourth-largest reserves of natural gas. The Company's reserves portfolio include Ghawar, the world's largest onshore oil field, and Safaniya, the largest offshore field. Company geologists are actively seeking additional reserves in many areas of the Kingdom, offshore in the Gulf and the Red Sea and onshore in the deserts and mountains. Petroleum engineers and earth scientists in E&P work with cutting-edge technology to manage and produce these reserves, including 3D visualization, reservoir simulation and remote geosteering of multilateral wells. The Company's Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center, or EXPEC, is home to one of the industry's most powerful computer centers. Research and development into subsurface upstream technology is conducted at the EXPEC Advanced Research Center. For more than two decades in a row, Saudi Aramco has been ranked the No. 1 oil company in the world by Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, a testament to the dedication and professionalism of the men and women of Exploration & Producing.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.