Posted: Oct 28, 2021
Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join the growing Unconventional Resources exploration efforts. We have an immediate requirement for experienced Production Engineering Specialist with relevant unconventional expertise. Of primary interest is experience in hydraulic fracturing, completion design and production optimization. Consider the opportunity to join our team and help shape the future of the unconventional resources exploration and producing in Saudi Aramco!
The Unconventional Production Engineering Division is responsible for providing technical support for all of unconventional rig-less activities, production optimization and well integrity analysis for all unconventional wells in Saudi Arabia.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for ensuring appropriate well completion designs, cost-effective fracturing programs tailored to numerous reservoirs, and studies on related projects .
As a subject-matter expert you will coach and mentor other production engineers and graduates within the team.
As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering. A masters' degree would be an advantage. You will have with 15 years of extensive production engineering experience. You will have experience in unconventional resources or HPHT/Tight Gas with a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing, well completion, production optimization & well integrity. You will be familiar with production engineering software such as Prosper, Saphir, WellCat and MFrac (or equivalent) with the ability to perform nodal analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform production engineering duties, including:
• Design well completion and propose alternatives if required
• Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for acid and proppant fracturing treatments
• Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas, including stimulation, production, well design and testing programs, reservoir flow properties and fluid studies
• Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools
• Provide input to pilot design and interpretation
• Conduct flow assurance analysis
• Monitor corrosion and resolve paraffin scaling issues
• Utilize artificial lift to increase productivity of wells
• Conduct nodal analysis
• Implement industry best practices and exchange of learnings with other similar unconventional gas assets
• Evaluate new technologies, tools or techniques and decide on suitability then present, or assists in the presentation of proposals to Management, technical and operating groups.
• Participates in project technical reviews and reviews proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations
• Represents Saudi Aramco in dealing with manufactures, vendors and outside consultants in his area of expertise
• Prepares manuals, and trains/develops engineers and operating personnel in his area of expertise.
Saudi Aramco's Exploration & Producing (E&P) business line oversees the world's largest reserves of conventional crude oil, and the fourth-largest reserves of natural gas. The Company's reserves portfolio include Ghawar, the world's largest onshore oil field, and Safaniya, the largest offshore field. Company geologists are actively seeking additional reserves in many areas of the Kingdom, offshore in the Gulf and the Red Sea and onshore in the deserts and mountains. Petroleum engineers and earth scientists in E&P work with cutting-edge technology to manage and produce these reserves, including 3D visualization, reservoir simulation and remote geosteering of multilateral wells. The Company's Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center, or EXPEC, is home to one of the industry's most powerful computer centers. Research and development into subsurface upstream technology is conducted at the EXPEC Advanced Research Center. For more than two decades in a row, Saudi Aramco has been ranked the No. 1 oil company in the world by Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, a testament to the dedication and professionalism of the men and women of Exploration & Producing.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.