Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is responsible for surveillance and inspection of Civil, Structural and Building works associated with the Project. This position involves both office and fieldwork. Perform site inspection services on behalf of our client. Provide oversight in a surveillance capacity monitoring the performance of EPC contractors working on the field expansion project. Ensure compliance with project specification and drawings at the onshore EPC work sites.
** Please note these roles are advertised on a Fixed Term basis for 10 months and we are looking for a fairly immediate start**
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have significant experience in the following areas: Site survey and measurements, use of level and other surveying tools, earthworks, foundations, formwork installation and removal, reinforcement tying and inspection, concrete casting and curing, concrete material quality testing, concrete testing, surface coating, trenching and ditches, water systems, sewer systems, manholes and joint boxes, structural framing, bolts connections, welding connections, weld visual inspection.
- Have ability to influence and communicate with confidence and clarity in ideas and instructions.
- Identify and report non-compliance in accordance with standards and company systems.
- Provide regular follow up, reporting and records keeping for site condition and progress of the assigned tasks.
- Remain knowledgeable of safety policies & procedures & performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Verify that material used complies with specification requirements.
- Verify that the trenching, soil compaction, driven piling, concrete foundations, anchor bolting, erection, etc., complies with contractual agreements.
- Surveillance of Batch plant operations including verification of concrete production sampling.
- Audit of inspection records, contractors ITP, and adherence to contractors' Quality Plan.
- Surveillance of buildings regulatory inspection.
- Inspection of contractor and subcontractors works to verify compliance.
- Reviews inspection & test results to evaluate compliance to project specification acceptance criteria.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Project Manager (PM) as line manager. Project Coordinator will support PM on issuing instructions or communications to employee.
- Daily contact and technical reporting to site client contact or client Quality Team representatives.
- Employee shall report the results of all vendor and construction site inspections on a weekly basis or more frequently as advised by client for a specific task. Inspection reports shall clearly show the items / activities inspected, inspection status, acceptance criteria, and follow-up action as necessary. Inspection reports shall be in a paper or electronic format as agreed to by client.
- Recognized Bachelor's Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Minimum ten (10) years of postgraduation experience in quality inspection of civil, structural construction and buildings works related to Oil & Gas industry major projects.
- Proficiency in English, excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (Fully conversant with MS Office).
- Have worked effectively within a professional multi-disciplined engineering team environment.
- Has ability to influence and communicate with confidence and clarity in ideas and instructions.
- Surveillance of Batch plant operations including verification of concrete production sampling and testing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE and FIELD WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors working on work site, day or night. Indoor office for reporting.
- Work sites can be warehouse, yard, vendor shop, construction site, industrial city
- Requires working on or near oil and gas plant equipment, pumps, skids, modules
- During summer season humidity is above 90%. Noise can be over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks/gases on adjacent work parties
- Potential exposure to airborne dust, fumes at work site
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Use of ladders and scaffold for some access.
- Confined space required but infrequent
- Working outside for extended periods of time in temperatures as high as 49°C.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift up to 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, vessel manway holes, kneel, crouch, crawl, use repetitive movements of the arms and hands
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift up to 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ ladders, stand balance, stoop, squat, reach.
- Twist body, sit with back supported head forward/ flexed, head tilted/ rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Travel via car, bus, taxi, airplane
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, hearing protection
- Vision requirement and color recognition
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.