Skills: Engineering Manager, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a system role with a specific ownership of the Controls sub-system design and delivery interface. The Senior engineer has the technical expertise to cover every details of the controls scope but also understands the wider implications and interaction with the wider subsea and topside system.
As the regional controls system expert in the region, the Senior Engineer will have a key role interfacing with the internal Controls & Automation (C&A) product line sharing voice of the customer and contributing to the technology development road map (gap/need identification and business cases).
Another key responsibility is to ensure technical assurance of the selected controls solution during early and execution phases.
JOB SCOPE and AUTHORITIES
Job scope means the magnitude of the job.
Which decisions (authorities) can be done by the Job holder?
• Approval of engineering documentation
Additional scope information
Must manage the following roles:
o Tender Engineering Representative for Controls in the win-it / early engagement phase and/or,
o Product Lead Engineer in the execution/do it phase.
Other roles to be agreed for each assigned project:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent and professional experience in engineering or related fields. Work experience can compensate for lack of formal competency.
- Relevant experience in the domain of system engineering and controls engineering
- Preferred exposure to a wide range of field & controls architectures, as well as control system technologies from a range of companies.
- Preferred exposure to system and controls system engineering in brownfield environment
- Familiarity with risk review & identification exercises
- Preferred experience with pressure protection systems, understanding of SIL levels, etc..
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND/OR PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of the overall topside and susbea control systems and of its individual sub-components.
- Much preferred up to date knowledge and experience with company solutions and other technologies in the industry.
- Advanced understanding of inter-dependance between the control sub-system and other topsides and subsea sub-sytem in the wider field development solution
REQUIRED MANAGERIAL SKILLS
- Advanced technical management skills
- Ability to coordinate multi-skilled exercises
- Ability to prepare and present a comprehensive business case
Important Job Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable in use of Global Process Business Management System (GPBMS)
- Skilled in use of API 17F (ISO 13628-6)
- Skilled in use of internal design guidelines and the codes
- Excellent command of English